Our hot lunch wagon presents a hot lunch you can take to work or school. Our recipes are quick, easy and less than 30 minutes to cook. Cook our recipes the night before, refrigerate and warm up for the next day. Or, on the other hand, you can cook our meals and freeze them for next week’s lunch. Our special today is oriental chicken and noodles.
Oriental Chicken and Noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can 14 ½ ounces) clear chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken noodle soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips 5 cups cut-up fresh vegetables, broccoli, green onion, celery and carrots
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced fresh enoki mushrooms
In a bowl, mix cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth, put aside. Cook noodles according to package directions.
In a skillet, in 1 tablespoon hot oil saute’ half of the chicken until browned over medium high heat. Remove; set aside
Lower heat to medium. In same skillet with remaining hot oil. Sautee vegetables, garlic powder and ginger until vegetables are al dente.
Add the rest of cornstarch. Cook until mixture heats and congeals, stirring frequently. Replace chicken to skillet, stir regularly. Serve over noodles. Pass with additional soy.
The Lunch Chef