Our hot lunch wagon presents a hot lunch you can take to work or school. Our recipes are quick, easy and less than 30 minutes to cook. Cook our recipes the night before, refrigerate and reheat the next day. Or, on the other hand, you can cook our meals and freeze them for next week’s lunch. Our special today is Additive-Free Fish Sticks
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup wheat germ
1 Teaspoon paprika
¼ cup sesame seeds
1 tablespoon water
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ pound flounder, sole or whitefish fillets, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, wheat germ, sesame seeds, paprika, and salt.
- Put the egg into another shallow dish with the water and beat with a fork to blend thoroughly
- Dip the fish pieces into the bread crumb mixture, then dip them into the egg, then again into the bread crumbs.
- Place the fish strips on a baking sheet coated with nonstick baking spray and bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Place in the frig until the next day and reheat for the next day’s lunch.
Cooking ahead of time: You can make a batch of the dry coating mixture (bread crumbs, wheat germ, sesame seeds, paprika, salt) and keep it in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can make additive our hot lunch wagon: additive free fish sticks as you need them.
Storage: Once cooked, these fish sticks will last about 3 days in your refrigerator. You can reheat them in the microwave or in a convection oven. ( Freeze after cooking and reheat in the same way)
Have a great hot lunch!
The Lunch Chef